Kirk C. Stange Esq.Founding Partner
When you’re faced with a family law matter and need help, you need an attorney that will always have your best interests in mind. Kirk Stange fights for his clients in every step of their family law case. Kirk uses his vast experience and knowledge of family law in your case. You can trust that Kirk will tell you what you need to know and listen when you need someone to listen. Kirk has years of experience in family law as well as being a trained mediator, collaborative attorney and guardian ad litem. Using these skills, Kirk can guide you through any family law matter.
In 2007, Kirk founded Stange Law Firm, PC with his wife Paola and has worked diligently to grow the firm to what it is today. In addition to practicing law, Kirk spends time educating attorneys and other law professionals at CLE Seminars through the Missouri Bar, myLawCLE, the National Business Institute and other organizations. Kirk even presented at the Eighth Circuit Judicial Conference in Omaha, Nebraska in 2014 on social media evidence for lawyers and judges. Further, Kirk is an adjunct professor at Emory University School of Law.
In 2017, Kirk was recognized by the Missouri Bar for his substantial contributions to the continuing legal education of Missouri’s attorneys: “Stange has served as a recurrent speaker for MoBarCLE’s Annual Law Update. He has also presented at the Annual Family Law Conference, CLE by the Sea, Family Law Essentials, and How to Build and Manage Firm Success seminars … For all of his service on behalf of the legal community, please join The Missouri Bar in thanking Kirk C. Stange!”
Kirk earned his Juris Doctor form the University of Missouri – Columbia School of Law. Kirk was one of ten in his law school class selected as a member of the Order of the Barristers for his courtroom advocacy skills. Kirk furthered his education by graduating from the ABA Family Law Trial Advocacy Institute. He is now licensed to practice in Missouri, Illinois, Kansas and the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri.
Through his dedication to clients and their family law cases, Kirk has been recognized for numerous awards including:
- Super Lawyers – Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers for Family Law, 2015 to Present (The final published list represents no more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state.)
- Super Lawyers – Missouri & Kansas Rising Stars for Family Law, 2013 and 2014
- America’s Top 100 Attorneys – America’s Top 100 LLC – 2017
- Top 10 Family Law Attorney in Missouri – National Academy of Family Law Attorneys (NAFLA), 2014 – Present
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers – The National Trial Lawyers 2014 – Present
- AVVO Superb 10.0/10.0 Rating, 2013 – Present
- Lead Counsel Rated For Divorce/Family Law – Lead Counsel, 2014 -Present
- 10 Best Family Law Attorneys in Missouri for Client Satisfaction – American Institute of Family Law Attorneys, 2014 – Present
- Top 100 Family Lawyers in Missouri – The American Society of Legal Advocates (ASLA), 2015-Present
- American Jurist Institute – 2016 Top 10 Family Law Attorneys in Missouri, 2016
- National Academy of Jurisprudence – Premier 100 Trial Attorneys for Missouri, 2015 – Present
- The National Advocates – Top 100 Lawyers, Matrimonial and Family Law, 2015 – Present
- Top 40 Under 40 Missouri Family Lawyers – The American Society of Legal Advocates (ASLA), 2014 – Present
- National Council of American Executives – Top Ranked U.S. Executives, 2014
- Rue Ratings’ – Best Attorneys of America, Lifetime Charter Member
- Top American Lawyers – Lifetime Charter Member
- The American Legal Institute – America’s Top Attorneys, 2016
- The Lawyers of Distinction – 2016
- The National Association of Distinguished Counsel – Nation’s Top One Percent Attorneys
- America’s Greatest Attorneys – Lifetime Charter Member
Kirk has written on family law topics. For example, Kirk authored a chapter in a book through Thomson Reuters (Aspatore Publishing) in 2012 titled: Strategies for Military Family Law: Leading Lawyers on Navigating Family Law in the Armed Forces (Inside the Minds). Kirk published a full-length book through Thomson Reuters (Aspatore Publishing) in 2014 titled: Prenuptial Agreements Line by Line. Further, in 2015, Kirk authored another chapter in a book through Thomson Reuters (Aspatore Published) titled: Strategies for Illinois Family Law: Leading Lawyers on Leveraging Alternative Dispute Resolution, Negotiating Alimony and Child Support, and Managing Client Expectations (Inside the Minds).
Kirk also enjoys spending time volunteering for the community. Kirk is on the National Leadership Council at Maryville University. He also serves on the advisory council for Kids Rock Cancer, a music program for children with cancer through Maryville University. Kirk is also the President of the Missouri Collaborative Institute. For his service to the community, Kirk, along with his wife, Paola, received the 2015 Making a Difference Award from Old Newsboys and the 2016 Golden Plate Award. Old Newsboys is a non-profit organization that has raised millions of dollars for hundreds of area children’s charities.
When he is not at work, Kirk enjoys spending time with his wife/partner, Paola, and their children. Kirk also attends church, and is a member, at The Journey Tower Grove. In his free time, Kirk also enjoys riding his boat on Carlyle Lake, playing indoor soccer, watching Cardinals’ baseball, St. Louis Blues’ hockey or St. Louis FC and Ambush soccer. Additionally Kirk enjoys listening to Americana music (rock merged with folk, country and blues) and plays various musical instruments, including bass guitar and violin, and used to play in several local bands.
Note: The choice of a lawyer is an important decision and should not be based solely upon advertisements.