Missouri, Illinois and Kansas Family Lawyers
Stange Law Firm, PC: Serving St. Louis, Kansas City, Columbia, Springfield, Wichita & Beyond in the Midwest. Call 866-429-7834 or Contact Us Online for an Initial Consultation.
Going through a divorce or family law matter can be an emotional time. You may feel betrayed, lost or overwhelmed. Having an attorney that can relate to you, and who is knowledgeable about divorce and family law, can make all the difference.
Since our founding in 2007, we have dedicated our firm to the practice of divorce and family law because of the tremendous need for lawyers who focus in this area. We have since continued to grow and have offices throughout Missouri, Illinois and Kansas in areas such as St. Louis Metropolitan Area, Kansas City Metropolitan Area, Columbia, Springfield, Wichita and beyond in the Midwest.
If you need help with a family law or divorce related matter, our legal team can help guide you through the process. Presently, we have 17 offices at the firm, with 14 of those offices being full-time. We are located in 15 different counties in the Midwest, which puts us in close proximity to many different courthouses. We have been ranked as the 58th fastest growing law firm in the United States by Law Firm 500. To schedule a consultation, you can contact us online today.
We have more than 30 attorneys with various backgrounds and past experiences. These attorneys have the staff and resources to help with your case to move it forward and respond to your inquiries. When you are going through a divorce or family law matter, it is important to have a firm with the resources to help. Our attorneys have also been recognized for excellence and received many awards, which you can read about on our webpage.
Representing Clients in Divorce & Family Matters
We represent clients in a broad range of divorce and family law matters, including but not limited to:
- Dissolution of Marriage: Unfortunately, there are times when a marriage is irretrievably broken and a divorce is the only option. We can help with your uncontested, contested, simple or complex divorce case.
- Legal Separation: There are some instances where married parties are separated, but are unsure whether their marriage can be reconciled or may later need to be dissolved. We can help with a legal separation if this is the case.
- Family Law: We represent clients in a broad range of family law matters.
- Annulment: In certain circumstances, a party may be able to seek an annulment if there are circumstances that led to a party being fraudulently induced into entering a marriage.
- Collaborative Law/Mediation: If you are looking for an amicable resolution to your divorce or family law matter outside of court, we have lawyers who can help you with a collaborative family law case or mediation.
- Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements: These agreements help couples make critical decisions about their relationships, just in case. While prenuptial agreements are drafted before a marriage, postnuptial agreements are drafted during the marriage, usually when circumstances change.
- Paternity: With approximately 40-percent of all children being born out of wedlock, we represent numerous unmarried parents in child custody and child support disputes. These cases are the twenty-first century divorce and extremely common.
- Guardianhips and conservatorships: We also represent clients in matters of guardianships and conservatorships, helping them protect the people they love — especially when those people can no longer care for themselves. Our work in this area often involves people facing physical and mental illnesses, alcoholism and addiction.
- Fertility and surrogacy: We can help clients negotiate fertility and surrogacy agreements, drafting and executing all related documents as well as resolving any conflicts that may arise.
- Step-parent adoption: We represent parents in step-parent adoptions, which usually occur when a parent marries or remarries after the birth of a biological child.
- Adoption: We are honored to represent clients who wish to adopt a child into their family.
- Minor emancipation: In some cases, minors do best when they are given the rights and responsibilities of adults. We assist in minor emancipation, representing both teens and their parents.
- Grandparents’ rights: Lawyers at our firm also handle grandparents’ rights issues such as child custody, guardianship and grandparent adoption.
- Appeals: We represent parties in appeals of adverse family court judgments, including divorce, child custody, child support, maintenance and grandparent visitation.
- Child Support: We represent clients in matters involving child support.
- Child Custody: We represent parents in child custody disputes.
- Juvenile Matters: We represent parties in juvenile matters involving the Division of Family Law Services.
- Modifications: We assist clients in modifying prior child custody and child support judgments when the facts call for it.
- Contempt: We help clients in contempt of court matters involving custody, support and related matters as well such as Family Access Motions.
- Military Divorce: We are proud to represent service members in divorce and family law matters.
- Name Change: If you are seeking to legally change your name, we can help.
- Orders of Protection: We can help you in legal proceedings involving restraining orders where there are allegations of domestic violence or stalking.
Making Customer Service a Priority
When you hire our firm, you will work with family law attorneys who will make your case a priority and keep you informed. When you become a client at Stange Law Firm, PC, you’ll receive access to Your Case Tracker– a confidential online space where we will post all the documents involved in your case.
We give our clients our personal cell phone numbers, strive to respond to their emails quickly and respond to phone calls the same business day. We also strive to write status letters to our clients at least once a month, giving them honest input about how their cases are proceeding.
Our Client Care Director, and Client Care Assistants, also work with our attorneys to ensure that you receive the highest level of customer service. To help ensure this happens, our client care staff survey clients about their experience with us. Should you have any suggestions, questions or concerns about your case, you can contact the Client Care Director at 866-429-7834 or at [email protected]
Webpage Offers Broad Range of Information
We also provide visitors a wealth of information on our website. We do so because we want our webpage to be a good source of information. For example, you can read articles about family law, view informational videos and seminar videos or listen to our podcast or download our mobile application. You can even view Family Law Statutes and Tools, access a plethora of content pages from the tabs above and child support calculators for Missouri, Illinois and Kansas. For additional family law information, you can also download Stange Law Firm’s mobile application for free for Apple, Androids & Kindle titled: Divorce Headquarters.
What to Expect in Your Initial Consultation
At Stange Law Firm, PC, we represent men and women. In an initial consultation, you will get a chance to talk with an attorney about the divorce or family law issues you face. We’ll ask you questions about your situation and help you understand what you can expect if you choose to work with us.
If you decide to work with us, we will immediately begin working on your case. Your lawyer will also give you his or her contact information and will strive to respond quickly to any question you may have.
Ready to find out for yourself how we can help? Contact us online or by phone to schedule your consultation at any of our convenient locations. No matter what the family law issue may be, we are Here to Help you Rebuild your Life™.
Note: The choice of a lawyer is an important decision and should not be based solely upon advertisements.